Freshman and Transfer Students
Spring Hill College offers 46 undergraduate majors and areas of concentration for you to study alongside a Jesuit, liberal arts core curriculum designed to foster intellectual, moral and spiritual growth as well as critical thinking skills.
Our small class sizes — 17 students on average — offer an overall student to faculty ratio of 14:1, which allows you to get one-on-one attention from professors and get to know them personally.
During your time on The Hill, we encourage you to find your passion and follow your dreams. There are opportunities for you to create your own internship program, hone your skills as a speaker and writer, make key business connections and gather a portfolio of real accomplishments. And, within six months of graduation, 89.4% of our students report being employed or participating in graduate/professional training or service.
Each student is required to participate in Senior Seminar before graduation. This capstone, upper-level course experience is designed to synthesize the student’s entire program of studies and to build toward career or graduate study plans. The requirements for Senior Seminar differ with each major but most require the student to complete and present a research paper in their academic discipline. There is also a Senior Seminar specifically for honors students.
Undergraduate Majors and Minors
Finding your place and your purpose is an important part of the undergraduate liberal arts experience. Spring Hill College focuses on helping students achieve their personal and educational goals. Find out which program is the best fit for you.
In recent years, the most popular concentrations for Spring Hill College Students have been:
- Business / Marketing (24%)
- Science / Math / Engineering Health (17%)
- Communications Arts / Journalism / Visual Arts (15%)
- Psychology (12%)
- Social Sciences and History (11%)
- English, Liberal Arts and Interdisciplinary Studies (9%)
- Education (8%)
- Philosophy and Religious Studies (4%)
Based on 2015 degrees conferred.
Study Abroad in Italy
Live and study like a local at the Spring Hill College Italy Center. Visit for a semester, a summer, winter break, or a full year. It’s your choice.
- Live in a state-of-the-art residence hall with 100 Italian students
- Travel throughout Eastern Europe, The Balkans and North Africa
- Learn from business, political, and religious leaders
- Deepen your studies in human rights, peace studies and global issues
- Intern and cultivate extraordinary leadership skills