Health Science M
Bachelor of Science in Health Science
Are you interested in helping patients live better with an illness, injury or disability? Would you like the ability to identify abnormal cells while cancer is still at a treatable stage? Health science graduates work in many of the top ranking jobs in America providing invaluable diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic services to patients.
With a degree in health sciences from Spring Hill College, your career possibilities are broad and exciting: clinical practice, research, or academia; public sector, private industry; or directly into a graduate program. Wherever you go, you’ll be well-prepared with a degree from SHC.
- Demonstrate sound scientific reasoning skills
- Apply scientific principles to biological/health problems
- Evidence effective use of scientific literature
- Demonstrate quantitative knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic laboratory skills
Gather Graduate Program Prerequisites in:
- Athletic Training
- Clinical Laboratory Science
- Genetic Counseling
- Health Administration
- Medical Illustration
- Nutrition / Dietitian
- Occupational Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Physical Therapy
- Law (intellectual property/patent; medical malpractice)
“The health sciences degree offers so much more flexibility and options to those who want to go into medicine, but do not want to become a doctor. I cannot wait to see where this major goes and how successful it will be! I am very grateful to be a part of this new addition to Spring Hill!
— Claire Oswald '17
"I have always wanted to go into the medical field and with the Health Science degree, I will be prepared for whatever specific career I decide upon. The diverse course load will help me to see where exactly I would like to go in the future."
— Katie Drez '17
- Algebra Based Physics
- Emerging Pathogens
- Developmental Biology
- General Physiology
- Human Pathophysiology
- Scientific Inquiry
- Special Topics – Health & Aging
- Number of Faculty: 8
- Can you major in this program: Yes
- Can you minor in this program: Yes
- Emphasis within the major: Interdisciplinary – Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, Sociology
Internships – Should be available for students beginning the 2016-2017 academic year.