Minor in Spanish Language
As our country’s Spanish-speaking population continues to grow, so does demand for people who can read, write, and translate the language.
The Spanish minor at Spring Hill College provides students with valuable working knowledge of Spanish language, cultures, literature and philosophy. Our expert faculty provide you with a learning experience that can sharpen your speaking, writing and conversation skills. Smaller class sizes mean you get to know your professors, and ensures you will receive focused, one-on-one attention from them.
- SPA 101 Elementary Spanish I
- SPA 102 Elementary Spanish II
- SPA 201 Intermediate Spanish I
- SPA 202 Intermediate Spanish II
Electives (Choose 4-6 Courses)
- SPA 301 Advanced Spanish Grammar and Composition
- SPA 302 Advanced Spanish Grammar and Composition II
- SPA 303 Advanced Conversation
- SPA 450 Senior Seminar
- SPA 310 Survey of Spanish Literature I
- SPA 312 Survey of Spanish-American Literature I
- SPA 313 Survey of Spanish-American Literature II
- SPA 314 Cervantes
- SPA 315 Nineteenth-Century Spanish Literature
- SPA 320 Latin American Poetry: Modernism to 21st Century
- SPA 381 Selected Studies
- SPA 401 Independent Study
After starting classes at Spring Hill, I soon determined that I had a real passion for education, language, and children. I plan to teach through the Peace Corps or Jesuit Volunteer Corps after graduation, and then later use that experience to instruct inner-city high school students in Spanish language, history, and customs.
— Dominique Howard '17
I believe students come to Spring Hill with the intention of using their education to make the world a better place, and I love knowing that learning a language will help them do that.
— Dr. Fabian Balmori
- Social work
- Number of Faculty: 3
- Emphasis within the major: Language, Culture, Literature, Grammar
- Student Clubs and Honor Societies: Spanish Club, Phi Sigma Iota
- Scholarships: Nick McGowin Jr. Memorial Scholarship