Students awarded federal work study as part of their financial aid award demonstrated a specific level of need on their FAFSA. These students are eligible to seek on-campus employment through available resources and will be able to earn a portion or all of their allocated work study funds if they’re hired.
Student Financial Services does not place students into work study positions. Departments are given sole authority to select the students they wish to hire.
Use this process to apply for Federal Work Study:
- Access CareerBeam from the Career Services Website
- Set up your account, search jobs and create or upload your resume
- Select Students and Alumni. You must self-register using your @email.shc.edu address
- To find available jobs on campus, go to Getting the Job and select Job Postings
- If you need to create a resume, there are tools under Resume Examples
- Supervisors will contact you and conduct an interview if you are selected as a potential candidate
- Once hired, you must complete the required documentation and verify your identification with Student Payroll, located in the Fine Arts Building, 1st Floor
Most students will be paid an hourly rate of $7.25 (minimum wage) and will be eligible to earn up to $2000 per fiscal year, which runs from July 1 through June 30. Students may, at the discretion of their supervisor and subject to approval through Student Financial Services, be paid at a different rate based on specific skills or certifications required. Students cannot work more than 20 hours per week while participating in the student employment program.
For additional questions about Federal Work Study, contact Student Financial Services at (251) 380-3460 or email@example.com.