Students present at American Chemical Society’s national meeting
NEW ORLEANS – Fourteen Spring Hill College students attended the American Chemical Society’s national meeting and exposition in New Orleans this week.
Spring Hill seniors Leslie Kraynak of Spanish Fort, Ala., and Whitney Webre of Luling, La., prepared and presented SHC’s ACS chapter poster. The college was invited to present after winning an Outstanding Chapter Award for 2011-2012.
Six students presented research posters on work they did while participating in Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) summer programs sponsored by the National Science Foundation. The students participated in REU programs at the following schools last summer:
- Crystal Daniels (senior, Mobile, Ala.) – University of South Alabama Mitchell Cancer Institute
- Jacob Files (freshman, Clinton, Miss.) – University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Elise Franklin (senior, Baton Rouge, La.) – University of New Orleans
- Brandon Gines (senior, Biloxi, Miss.) – Iowa State University
- Thomas Kinsey (senior, Fairhope, Ala.) – Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences
- Patience Wright (senior, Hartselle, Ala.) – University of Alabama
For more information about the American Chemical Society, visit www.acs.org.