Badger Connection is the first step of your journey to a successful college experience at Spring Hill College. We ask that you and your parents attend one of our Badger Connection sessions, so you can...
- Begin the class registration process
- Familiarize yourself with your “new home”
- Get a better feel of what it’s like to be a Spring Hill College student
- Meet our faculty, staff and administration
- Meet new friends and classmates
When is Badger Connection?
Badger Connection V - August 20-21, 2014
Register for this session
Why should parents attend?
While you are attending sessions about life at Spring Hill College, your parents will also participate in sessions designed specifically for them. In addition to having opportunities to ask questions of College faculty, administration and staff, your parents will learn about academic and residence life, student financial services, and other College functions. It’s also a great opportunity for them to meet and mingle with other parents of new Spring Hill College students.
We ask your parents to pay a nonrefundable $85 fee per person, which includes the cost of meals and materials. Housing will be provided on campus for you, and parents can stay on campus for an additional $15 per person. We believe that your parents receive valuable information at Badger Connection and hope they will attend. We find that siblings are often bored sitting through presentations, and unfortunately they are unable to remain in the residence halls unsupervised.
Who coordinates Badger Connection?
The Division of Student Affairs presents Badger Connection. The Student Affairs staff and 20 Badger Connection Guides will be here to assist you during your stay. The Badger Connection Guide staff is made up of Spring Hill College students who have gone through extensive training to make your visit as enjoyable as possible. These students make up the heart of Badger Connection.
What is provided at Badger Connection?
- Full linen/blanket and towel service
- All meals and snacks
- Lots of helpful materials
- A wonderful welcome to the Spring Hill College community
What will I need to bring to Badger Connection?
- Casual clothing and comfortable walking shoes (Please note: All academic buildings and residence halls are air conditioned. However, Mobile in the summer is usually quite humid with temperatures in the 90s.)
- Sweater or sweatshirt (meeting rooms are air-conditioned)
- Class registration materials and catalog
- Personal toiletries
- An alarm clock
- A blanket
- An umbrella
Do you have questions about Badger Connection?
Contact the Dean of Students’ Office at 251.380.3023, and we will be glad to help. You may also e-mail your questions to email@example.com.