Spring Hill participates in several of the federal government's higher education grant assistance programs. In order to receive funding from any of the programs listed below, you must file the FAFSA each academic year and meet the following criteria:

  • be a citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible non-citizen of the United States
  • have financial need documented by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  • be accepted for enrollment or enrolled on at least a half-time basis in a degree or certificate seeking program
  • be in good academic standing and making satisfactory progress
  • meet the eligibility requirements of the particular government aid program

Federal Pell Grant Program

This is a federal entitlement program providing grants to eligible students of up to $5,645 (2013-2014). The amount of each grant is determined by review of the FAFSA results.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant Program (FSEOG)

The FSEOG is a program which may be available to students who demonstrate exceptional financial need and are Federal Pell Grant recipients. Only a limited number of FSEOG grants can be awarded each year.

Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant

The grant provides up to $4,000 per year to students who intend to teach in a public or private elementary or secondary school that serves students from low-income families. Students applying for this grant must be pursuing a degree in education.

Alabama Student Grant Program (ASGP)

The Alabama Student Grant program is a state student assistance program established Aug. 4, 1978, by the Alabama State Legislature. It is designed to provide financial assistance to Alabama residents for undergraduate, nonsectarian, secular education at independent nonprofit, post-secondary institutions of higher learning located within the State of Alabama. Under conditions of less than full funding, each student will receive a prorata share of the available funds. Applications may be obtained from approved independent colleges and from the Alabama Commission on Higher Education. Complete applications must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office. Contact the Financial Aid Office for deadline dates. Financial need is not required for this program. New applications are required each academic year.