English M m
Bachelor of Arts in English
Study Shakespeare. Analyze Austen. Peruse Poe.
Writing fosters a wide range of abilities that are indispensable in any sphere of life—critical thinking, shaping ideas, using words precisely, adapting to a specific audience, developing creativity and imagination.
Where We Work
- Nature Publishing Group, NYC
- Texas State Legislature
- Jesuit Volunteers International
- Alabama Coastal Foundation
- Park Crossing High School, Montgomery, Ala.
- Spring Hill College
- Published romance novelist
- SHC Emerging Technologies Librarian
Badgers in Grad School
- Georgetown University Law School
- St. Louis University
- George Washington University
- Indiana University
- Louisiana State University
- University of Alabama
- Oklahoma State MFA program
One of my biggest realizations has been that we are majoring in critical thinking. That is what English classes do—they teach you how to think.
— Kate Flukinger ‘08
My vocation for the teaching profession began with my love of learning, and I have come to see that nurturing a similar love in my students is a fundamental goal of my work here at Spring Hill College.
— Dr. Catherine Swender
Popular Second Majors: Writing, Business
Student Clubs and Honor Societies: Sigma Tau Delta, English Club