Minor in Spanish Language
As our country’s Spanish-speaking population continues to grow, so does demand for people who can read, write, and translate the language.
The Spanish minor at Spring Hill College provides students with valuable working knowledge of Spanish language, cultures, literature and philosophy. Our expert faculty provide you with a learning experience that can sharpen your speaking, writing and conversation skills. Smaller class sizes mean you get to know your professors, and ensures you will receive focused, one-on-one attention from them.
- SPA 101 Elementary Spanish I
- SPA 102 Elementary Spanish II
- SPA 201 Intermediate Spanish I
- SPA 202 Intermediate Spanish II
Electives (Choose 4-6 Courses)
- SPA 301 Advanced Spanish Grammar and Composition
- SPA 302 Advanced Spanish Grammar and Composition II
- SPA 303 Advanced Conversation
- SPA 450 Senior Seminar
- SPA 310 Survey of Spanish Literature I
- SPA 312 Survey of Spanish-American Literature I
- SPA 313 Survey of Spanish-American Literature II
- SPA 314 Cervantes
- SPA 315 Nineteenth-Century Spanish Literature
- SPA 320 Latin American Poetry: Modernism to 21st Century
- SPA 381 Selected Studies
- SPA 401 Independent Study
My interest in language has really been prominent my entire life. Having a Puerto Rican mother, I’ve been surrounded by it. Beginning in high school, though, I really started becoming fond of the Hispanic/Latin American culture beyond just my home life. I knew then that I needed to add Spanish as an area of study in college.
— Dominique Howard '17
Spring Hill has been a great experience. The classes have really prepared me for my future. I am very happy that I chose Spring Hill College.
— Lenna Altamirano '11
- Social work
- Number of Faculty: 3
- Emphasis within the major: Language, Culture, Literature, Grammar
- Student Clubs and Honor Societies: Spanish Club, Phi Sigma Iota
- Scholarships: Nick McGowin Jr. Memorial Scholarship