Theater M m
Bachelor of Arts in Theater
If you’re drawn to the exciting and dynamic world of drama, Spring Hill College offers a comprehensive theater program which integrates acting, interpretation, directing, and design.
Theater at SHC in an interdisciplinary program that combines courses taught by faculty members from Art, English, Music, and Theater.
Where We Work
- New York Television Festival, N.Y.
- St. Rosalie School, Harvey , La.
- I Play, Ashville, N.C.
- Montford Park Players, Ashville, N.C.
- Talent Partners, New York, N.Y.
- JLT Facilities, Chicago, IL
- Peauxdunque Writers Alliance
- Jones, Swanson, Huddell & Garrison, LLC
- St. Rosalie School, Harvey, La.
Where We Intern
- Playhouse in the Park
- Joe Jefferson Playhouse
- Mobile Theatre Guild
- Saenger Theatre
- Chickasaw Civic Theatre
As a theater major, I was exposed to a wide diversity of plays both in the classroom and on stage, which allowed me to broaden, as well as, sharpen my skills as an actor. It also afforded me the chance to work as director, which deepened my knowledge of stagecraft.
— Ryan Nocito '12
Theater at Spring Hill is a fun, open, engrossing experience. The rehearsals and shows became a huge part of my college life.
— Seth Taylor '11
Number of Faculty: 6
Program Emphasis: Writing, Language
Popular second majors: Theology, English, Psychology