Resident Advisor Selection
It’s the time of year again to begin our RA Selection process and hire new Resident Advisors for the 2017-2018 academic year. This is a great leadership opportunity and a fantastic way to for students to be involved on campus next year. The Office of Residence Life is excited to begin the selection process and to create a fantastic team of Resident Advisors for next year!
The Resident Advisor at Spring Hill College is an upper-class student who lives in a particular community and serves as the primary resource for building community, helping students grow personally and academically, and helping students connect with one another. The objectives of the RA position include building a positive community on their floor and within the hall, assisting residents with both personal and academic concerns, knowledge of and upholding College policy, and serving as a resource and/or liaison for the College.
For more information on the roles and responsibilities of a Resident Advisor please review the full position description.
RA Resume Workshop:
- Thursday, February 4, 2017
A Interview Workshop:
- Thursday, March 10, 2017
RA Applications Due
- Monday, Feb 27, 2017 at 8:00am
Group Process Interviews
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017 from 6:45pm -9:00pm
- Thursday, March 9, 2017 from 6:45pm – 9:00pm
- Saturday, March 18, 2017
Decision Emails Sent
- Friday, March 24, 2017
RA Contract Signing and Training Day
- Saturday, April 8, 2017
To apply to be an RA, the following is required by Monday February 27, 2017
- Complete the online application
- Indicate your Group Process preference on the application
- Have two references (one must be a SHC faculty/staff member) complete the online reference form
- Have a current Resume that you will email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Answer the following essays on the application (500 words or less per essay):
- What is your personal definition of diversity?
- What characteristics and traits do you possess that make you a strong Resident Advisor candidate?
- Describe an event or activity that you think would be a successful Resident Advisor program.