Caring for students, caring for the Earth
At Spring Hill College, our Student Center is just one example of how the college is helping to sustain its own environment and contribute to the greater good. The center has achieved silver-level Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification by the U.S. Green Building Council.
Green building practices can substantially reduce or eliminate negative environmental impacts. As an added benefit, green design measures reduce operating costs, enhance building marketability, increase occupant productivity and well being. In an effort to remind students, faculty, staff and visitors of the importance of sustaining our world, the new student center also features informational wall exhibits on sustainability.
Features and highlights of the facility include:
- A modern dining area
- McKinney’s at The Hill
- Student Affairs administrative offices
- Campus Ministry offices
- Information center
- Computer center with WiFi
- Student Organization Resource Center
- Several meeting rooms available to the campus community
- The Barnes & Noble College Bookstore
- Multi-purpose rooms for both educational and social programs
- A 300-person capacity event space