Fall 2021 COVID-19 Campus Health Protocols
Testing and Vaccinations
BinaxNow Antigen Testing – is a rapid COVID-19 test with results available within 15 minutes of the test being administered. Spring Hill will use the rapid antigen tests in athletics, student life and other high-transmission activities to monitor any community transmission.
Symptomatic Testing – students experiencing symptoms can be tested at Greater Mobile Urgent Care, Old Shell location. Spring Hill College will assist students in covering any co-pay or COVID-related testing cost. Please present your Spring Hill College student ID in the clinic when you arrive.
COVID-19 Vaccine – Spring Hill College is strongly encouraging every community member to receive a COVID-19 vaccine to help lessen community transmission on campus. COVID-19 vaccines will be available through periodic on-campus clinics, local healthcare providers and local pharmacies.
Face Coverings UPDATE as of 8/3/2021
Masks required indoors, all campus spaces. This applies to classrooms, meetings and to visitors and vendors, whether you are vaccinated or unvaccinated.
Masks not required:
- In residence hall rooms.
- Individual offices.
- While eating in public indoor spaces. Masks must be replaced when finished eating and when returning trays to the dishwashing area.
- Masks are not required outdoors but please use discretion when there are large groups of people, vaccinated and unvaccinated.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 transmission rate in Mobile County and the latest CDC recommendations throughout the Fall semester. We will update you when/if this requirement is amended or lifted. We will update you with any amendments to this guidance.
- Faculty, staff and students will be asked to monitor COVID-19 symptoms regularly.
- Faculty and staff should connect with their healthcare provider if they present any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Students should connect with firstname.lastname@example.org if they present with any COVID-19 symptoms.
- SHC is allowing for increased attendance for outdoor and indoor activities for the Fall semester.
- Student events must be registered with the Center for Student Involvement. Please email email@example.com if you or your organizations have any questions about registrations.
- SHC will continue to monitor campus vaccination rates, campus transmission rates and community transmission rates to make decisions on capacity and attendance for campus events and activities.
Quarantine and Contact Tracing
Spring Hill College understands that it is likely that transmission and presence of the virus in our college community will continue at times into the 2021-2022 academic year. SHC has developed protocols for contact tracing and quarantine to help those who have contracted the virus and assist those who may be exposed to the virus.
Quarantine and Isolation Scenarios
If you are fully vaccinated and have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, you do not need to quarantine or isolate if you are asymptomatic. Please monitor your health for any COVID-19 symptoms.
If you are fully vaccinated and are experiencing symptoms, please contact Badgers Health at firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-380-3203 for instructions on testing. You will be required to isolate until the results of your test are complete. If you test positive for COVID-19, you will be required to isolate for 10 days after the onset of symptoms.
If you are not fully vaccinated and have been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, please quarantine yourself immediately and contact email@example.com for further follow-up and questions. If you are determined to be in close contact, you will be required to quarantine for 10 days from the time of last exposure. For faculty/staff, you should also contact your healthcare provider.
If you are not fully vaccinated and have tested positive for COVID-19 and are experiencing symptoms, please isolate yourself immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions and contact tracing. You will be required to isolate for 10 days after the onset of symptoms. For faculty/staff, you should also contact your healthcare provider.
If you are not fully vaccinated and have tested positive for COVID-19 and are not experiencing symptoms, please isolate yourself immediately and contact email@example.com for further instructions and contact tracing. You will be required to isolate for 10 days after the onset of symptoms. For faculty/staff, you should also contact your healthcare provider.
Close Contact is defined as the following:
- You were within 6-feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed or somehow got respiratory droplets on you