Continuing students self-register in BadgerWeb. Students will need to meet with their assigned faculty advisor to be cleared for registration. Once classes are chosen and the student has an approved course schedule, they can register during their designated day and time. For one-on-one support with registering for classes, students will need to contact their assigned faculty advisor.

Registration Steps

Make an appointment with your faculty advisor to get cleared to register. Prior to the appointment, complete the following:

1. Determine what classes you need

a. Review your Degree Audit found in BadgerWeb. Your degree audit will indicate by individual requirement and course what has been Met and Not Met. 

b. Note what classes you have remaining to complete your degree. Four classes is considered full-time for financial aid/scholarship purposes, but students are encouraged to register for 5 classes each semester to stay on track with graduation. Choose one or two alternate classes in case classes you initially want are not available. You may find using the Blank Schedule and Course Advisement Form are helpful when developing your schedule.

2. View the schedule of available classes and your designated registration time

a. View the schedule of available classes on the Registrar tab in BadgerWeb and create a schedule. 

b. Determine your designated registration time. Students are assigned a registration date and time based upon earned credit hours and student status. Students can view their designated registration time in the Academics tab on BadgerWeb. Go to Registration and Course Schedule then click Add/Drop Classes

3. Register

a. Students register in the Academics tab on BadgerWeb Go to Registration and Course Schedule then click Add/Drop Classes

b. If you have issues registering and do not find your answer in the Advising and Registration FAQ (below), email casa@shc.eduwith your name, student ID and degree program and course you are trying to register for that is giving you difficulty. 

Registration and Advising FAQ

Registration opens to groups of students based on the number of earned credits. Your registration window will be determined based upon your classification with Seniors registering first and Freshmen registering last. Some populations receive early registration windows.

You can view your registration window by navigating to the Add/Drop Section of BadgerWeb.

If you have a hold on your account it should say what type of hold it is and which office you’ll need to contact to have it removed. You cannot make changes to your schedule when you have a hold on your account so it is important to take care of all holds quickly. If your hold does not give you a number or email to contact, email the Registrar’s Office (

Closed | The most likely option is that the course is closed because it is full. You cannot add yourself to courses that are at capacity without instructor permission.

Prerequisite | It’s possible you have not met the prerequisites for the course. If you believe there is a mistake in meeting your prerequisites, please contact your advisor.

Corequisite | Many courses have courses that must be taken at the same time–generally a lecture course and a lab. When adding these types of courses you must add them at the same time or else you will get an error.

Conflict | The system will prevent you from registering for a course if it overlaps with another course you are already registered in. Use the swap function to prevent this.

If a course is full only the instructor of record can permit your addition to the course. Generally, it is recommended that you search for another course or wait until a future semester to take a course. Courses do not have waitlists but you can contact the instructor to see if they are willing to go over the capacity limit for the specific course.

You may change advisors at anytime. Use the Major/Minor Change Form and request a new advisor.

The system will prevent you from withdrawing from all of your courses. If you wish to withdrawal from all courses and end your enrollment at Spring Hill College you must complete the Withdrawal Process through the Registrar’s Office. Find more information on the Withdrawal page.

Credits are evaluated in the Registrar’s Office. If you believe a credit transferred in correctly or believe a course you’ve taken at a previous institution should be a direct substitute for a course here you will want to obtain a syllabus from the other institution’s course. Ask the Chair of the Department to review the syllabus and seek their permission to re-evaluate the course, then speak to the Registrar’s Office to make the change.

Complete the Transient Study Form, found on the Registrar tab of BadgerWeb. You’ll need to complete this with your academic advisor and submit it to the Registrar’s Office prior to completing the course. Most institutions allow for a simple “Transient Student” admissions process.

© Copyright 2024 Spring Hill College. All rights reserved.