Real World Ready Fall 2021
The Spring Hill College Plan for Returning to Campus
Face Coverings UPDATE as of 8/3/2021
Masks required indoors, all campus spaces. This applies to classrooms, meetings and to visitors and vendors, whether you are vaccinated or unvaccinated.
Masks not required:
- In residence hall rooms
- Individual offices
- While eating in public indoor spaces – Masks must be replaced when finished eating and when returning trays to the dishwashing area
Masks are not required outdoors but please use discretion when there are large groups of people, vaccinated and unvaccinated.
Please see this additional information from the CDC on masks at this time.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 transmission rate in Mobile County and the latest CDC recommendations throughout the Fall semester. We will update you when/if this requirement is amended or lifted. We will update you with any amendments to this guidance.
Fall 2021 Campus Life on The Hill
- Face-to-face classes
- Mass and Campus Ministry events
- Full residence hall and dining operations
- Resumption of Fall sports
- Student events, clubs and activities
Real World Ready is a mindset for all aspects of student life at Spring Hill College. It’s an approach that puts our students’ futures at the forefront, ensuring their paths to success are healthy and secure in the real world.
The Real World Ready mindset also applies to our 2021-22 COVID-19 campus planning. We’ll employ best-practice, experts-based recommendations for teaching and student life models, to help maintain a safe environment throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Thank you for keeping Spring Hill College a healthy campus.
- Spring Hill College recommends all students, faculty and staff be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before August 6, 2021, if at all possible. vaccines.gov is a key resource to find a vaccine clinic near you.
- We also ask that you share your vaccination status through this secure and confidential online Google doc form as soon as possible to help us better plan for the Fall semester.
- We’re returning to full campus procedures because we’re monitoring the COVID-19 vaccination levels of the campus community and continuing with recommended protocols as needed. That includes face-to-face classes, spectators at sporting events and removing attendance limits on campus gatherings.