Journalism C m
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts
Whether you blog, Tweet, Skype, or deliver your stories on the evening news, in this digital age, the potential for your work to reach audiences around the world has never been greater.
At Spring Hill College, you’ll learn to gather, absorb, and deliver news in a clear, concise manner. You’ll craft stories that inform, entertain, and stimulate discussion. You’ll have the opportunity to intern with local television stations, newspapers and news websites, as well as magazines and a variety of other media.
Where We Work
- HGTV Magazine
- Mobile Bay Magazine
- WALA FOX10
- Alabama Media Group (al.com)
- Mobile Press-Register
- Catholic Digest Magazine
- Palencia Belize Tourism Industry Association
Where We Intern
- Clarion Herald, New Orleans
- WALA FOX10
- Alabama Media Group
- Students for Life of America
- Catholic Volunteer Network
When I was a student, I was blessed to have relationships with professors who took an interest in my development as a professional communicator. Today, it’s my mission to serve in that role for my students–encouraging them, empowering and, on a good day–inspiring them as they pursue their dreams.
— Dr. Stuart Babington
I'm always restructuring content of my course to stay current with the technological and story-telling needs of the industry. After all, my students can check out my work on a daily basis by just turning on their TV or watching me on the web.
— Bob Grip
- Faculty: 4 Full-time, 12 Adjuct
- Popular Second Majors: Business, Management/Marketing, Professional Writing, Theology
- Student Clubs and Honor Societies: Lambda Pi Eta, ADPRO, Film & Video Club, SHC Creatives Club
- Scholarships/Awards: Alabama Broadcasters Association, Association for Women in Sports Media Internship/Scholarship