Journalism C m
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Arts
Whether you blog, Tweet, Skype, or deliver your stories on the evening news, in this digital age, the potential for your work to reach audiences around the world has never been greater.
At Spring Hill College, you’ll learn to gather, absorb, and deliver news in a clear, concise manner. You’ll craft stories that inform, entertain, and stimulate discussion. You’ll have the opportunity to intern with local television stations, newspapers and news websites, as well as magazines and a variety of other media.
Where We Work
- HGTV Magazine
- Mobile Bay Magazine
- WALA FOX10
- Alabama Media Group (al.com)
- Mobile Press-Register
- Catholic Digest Magazine
- Palencia Belize Tourism Industry Association
Where We Intern
- Clarion Herald, New Orleans
- WALA FOX10
- Alabama Media Group
- Students for Life of America
- Catholic Volunteer Network
My FOX10 News internship was definitely the most challenging hands-on experience I’ve had. I went out with reporters, contacted sources, and set up interviews. They let me shoot and edit my own video, as well as allowed me to help produce some of the shows.
— Emily Hill '14
As a broadcast journalist, I often need to quickly learn a little about a lot of things! My communication arts courses, internships, and involvement with the Springhillian are what really shaped me to be a successful storyteller.
— Eugene Ramirez ’05
- Faculty: 4 Full-time, 12 Adjuct
- Popular Second Majors: Business, Management/Marketing, Professional Writing, Theology
- Student Clubs and Honor Societies: Lambda Pi Eta, ADPRO, Film & Video Club, SHC Creatives Club
- Scholarships/Awards: Alabama Broadcasters Association, Association for Women in Sports Media Internship/Scholarship