Pre-Health Science C
Bachelor of Science in Biology
Interested in health and medicine? Gain the skills you need for to build a successful career as a physician, dentist, veterinarian, or pharmacist as a pre-health major at Spring Hill College.
At SHC, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Volunteer with a local health organization
- Intern at a hospital or another medical facility
- Participate in an immersion service trip
- Join pre-professional clubs on campus
- Enhance your communication skills
- Study psychology to learn about human nature
- Get a well-rounded liberal arts education including math and science courses
I love teaching at SHC because of the opportunity to really get to know students, many of whom are eager to remain in touch as they proceed on through life, getting higher degrees and starting families. They become part of our lives and we become part of theirs!
— Dr. Don Culberson
The campus manages to keep this warm, welcoming environment that can be enjoyed by people of many different backgrounds. I immediately loved the gorgeous setting, Jesuit ideology, and excellent faculty. As a pre-med major, my immersion trips to Jamaica and El Salvador were most impactful. The trips truly grounded me and inspired me to work each day to become a woman in service for others.
— Michelle Léana Perez ‘14
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Number of Faculty: 5
- Program Emphasis: Biology, Health
- Clubs: Beta Beta Beta, Biological Honor Society