The Jesuit Advantage
One of the 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States, Spring Hill College is the oldest college in Alabama and the third oldest Jesuit, Catholic college in the United States.
In the Jesuit tradition, your studies at Spring Hill will be more than an education. You will participate in a rewarding experience that will shape your leadership skills and commitment to serving others. The Jesuit community plays an important role in this formation.
At its core, a Jesuit education:
- Focuses on the principle “cura personalis” that seeks to develop the whole person – mind, body and spirit
- Provides broad-based, collaborative learning and challenging academics
- Encourages critical, analytical and creative approaches to problem-solving
- Forms men and women in service to others
- Places emphasis on values, ethics, and the development of moral character
- Builds global awareness through immersion and study abroad programs
For almost five centuries, Jesuit education has existed as a model of academic excellence throughout the world. Jesuits are synonymous with excellence in education and commitment to caring for the whole person – mind, body and spirit. Founded in 1534, the Society of Jesus emphasizes the pursuit of wisdom in the tradition of its founder, Saint Ignatius of Loyola.
More information on Jesuit Colleges and Jesuit Education is available at the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) Web site.