Minor in Finance
Learn how the stock market works and study how real estate markets function. Examine how companies make financial decisions and research the work that goes into managing a small company.
Finance is a critical part of all organizations and is used by individuals, governments, businesses, schools and not-for-profits. By completing this minor at SHC, you’ll be able to demonstrate focused skills in finance, while at the same time earning a broader degree.
Students who graduate with a minor in finance complete 6 required courses and 2 electives for a minimum of 24 credit hours.
- ACC 201 Principles of Accounting I
- ACC 202 Principles of Accounting II
- ECO 102 Principles of Microeconomics
- BUS 263 Business Statistics
- FIN 301 Financial Management
- FIN 321 Money & Capital Markets
Electives (Choose 2)
- FIN 310 Financial Planning
- FIN 410 Investments
- FIN 495 Special Topics in Financial Economics
Graduates of the Financial Economics concentration leave the Hill with an impressive skill set, and continue to hone their skills in a variety of career paths. The accomplishments of Spring Hill College’s Financial Economics majors are extremely impressive.
— Dr. James Larriviere
My SHC experience has been unbelievable. This school has given me so much more than just an education. SHC is a special place, and every student here would agree with that. I wouldn’t trade my time here for anything else.
— Javier Portal '11
- Commercial & Retail Banking
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Planning
- Investment Banking
- Money Management
- Real Estate
- Faculty: 13
- Popular second majors: Accounting, Business Management and Marketing
- Clubs: Math Club, Student Government Association, SHC Business Club, Investment/Finance Group