You’re on your way to becoming a Badger! Follow this checklist to make the process as easy as possible. Please don’t hesitate to contact the Office of Admissions at 800-742-6704 or email@example.com with any questions you might have.
Make it Official
Confirm your spot on The Hill with your enrollment deposit. The deposit is $350 for resident students and $200 for commuters. Many of the steps below are for students who have committed to Spring Hill College.
Next Steps for Confirmed Students
Once you have submitted your enrollment deposit, you will be able to take even more steps in your journey to becoming a Badger.
Housing on The Hill
Registration for housing is now open for students who have confirmed their place in the incoming class. Explore your Residence Life options and submit your New Student Housing Application.
All traditional undergraduate students carrying 12 or more credit hours are required to live on campus for 4 years. Students who are living in the Mobile area with a parent and/or guardian, are over the age of 23, are parent themselves, or are experiencing financial hardship can apply for Residence Exemption to be commuter students.
Register for Badger Connection
Badger Connection is our summer orientation for students and parents that will help get you started on your Spring Hill journey. During this overnight orientation, you will get to meet your fellow classmates, see what it’s like to be a Spring Hill College student and familiarize yourself with your new home on The Hill. You’ll even get to begin the class registration process.
There are three different Badger Connections in June for incoming Fall 2018 freshmen students. The registration for each event is limited and is first-come, first-served. The 2018 Badger Connection dates are June 11-12, June 14-15, and June 18-19. See more details and register for Badger Connection.
Transfer students are invited to attend Badger Connection in August and will receive further information on this via email.
Set Up Your Online Health Forms Account
We use the Med+Proctor online system for our health and immunization forms. Use your SHC email address to register, create your own password, fill out your medical history, and download/upload your immunization forms to the Med+Proctor site. These forms are due before you can move into your residence hall or receive your schedule.
- A licensed healthcare professional MUST complete and sign THESE forms. ALL green sections are required.
- PRINT CLEARLY WITH DARK BLACK INK. A computer will be reading your forms.
- NO other forms of documentation will be accepted. (Blue Cards, Yellow Cards, State Immunization Records, etc. are NOT accepted.)
- Do not fold or cut these forms. Do not mark on the border lines of these forms.
- Include the Border Lines in your scanned images.
- Consult your Healthcare Professional regarding any and all of the following immunizations, regardless of whether they are required, recommended or optional.
- A healthcare professional’s signature is required for immunization dates AND Tb test results.
Complete the Financial Aid Checklist
We have provided a list of important steps you need to take to secure your Financial Aid at Spring Hill College. Learn more about completing the Financial Aid Process. When submitting the FAFSA, include Spring Hill College’s code – 001041.
Register Your Vehicle for a Parking Decal
Incoming students are required to complete their vehicle registration before receiving a room key during move-in. You can register your vehicle online and pick up your decal at check-in or you can complete the registration in person and get your decal then.
Complete AlcoholEDU and Haven Programs
As part of our comprehensive prevention program for new students, it is required for all Spring Hill College students to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven through EVERFI. This online education will empower you to make well-informed decisions about issues that affect your time at Spring Hill College and beyond.
To complete AlcoholEdu and Haven:
- Go to www.everfi.com/login and click Register. Under “Student/Learner,” enter the Registration Code fe18cac9 and click “Next” to create your EverFi account.
- If you already have an EverFi Higher Ed Account, enter your login information, and then enter the Registration Code fe18cac9 in the “Add a Course” box in the top right corner of the Dashboard.
- Complete Part 1 of AlcoholEDU and Haven no later than August 20, 2017.
- After 30 days of completing Part 1, you will receive an invitation to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEDU and Haven, which must be completed no later than October 2, 2017.
- The course may include surveys to help personalize your experience and measure participants’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; the school will only receive information about the participant group as a whole and will never see individual answers.
Complete the Foreign Language Assessment
Incoming students must complete the foreign language placement exam online for Badger Connection. No outside books or other resources can be used while taking the assessment. The online placement exam measures your language skills in Chinese, French, German or Spanish so that you may be placed in the appropriate level of foreign language coursework.
Students are required to complete six hours of a foreign language as part of the core curriculum. Your placement reflects your current language skills. Placing into a higher level does not give you academic credit for a lower level class. Students who place at the 300 level may be required to meet with a member of the faculty in the Department of Foreign Languages prior to the beginning of classes. Students whose high school language of instruction was not English are exempt from the Foreign Language requirement.
Parent Control Portal
Spring Hill College offers parent access to student records through a Parent Portal. Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), parents must be given access to the portal by their student. If access is granted, parents can review the information through the Parent Portal on BadgerWeb.
You may choose to grant access to your parents or guardians using the Parent Control Portal under the Parent Tab on Badgerweb. You may also choose to deny access.
Learn More about Academic Coursework
Curious to know what you’ll take in the fall and how you’ll choose your classes? Visit the Center for Academic Support and Advising’s Academic FAQ page to learn all about the CORE Curriculum, Placement Tests, and Majors! You’ll find sample schedules and learn more about what happens if you’re coming in with college credit.
Need Information on Academic Accommodations?
To receive academic accommodations, you will need to turn in documentation and the self identification form. Visit the Academic Accommodations page to find the self identification form and a description of acceptable documentation. You can also contact the Center for Academic Support and Advising at 251-380-3470 for more information.
Make Sure Your Passport is Up to Date
There’s a strong chance that you’ll end up traveling abroad during your time on The Hill. From the SHC Italy Center to a variety of mission trips, there are a number of opportunities for you to get out and see the world. Prepare now by applying for a passport or making sure that your current one is up to date at the U.S. Department of State Website.