English M m
Bachelor of Arts in English
Study Shakespeare. Analyze Austen. Peruse Poe.
Writing fosters a wide range of abilities that are indispensable in any sphere of life—critical thinking, shaping ideas, using words precisely, adapting to a specific audience, developing creativity and imagination.
Where We Work
- Nature Publishing Group, NYC
- Texas State Legislature
- Jesuit Volunteers International
- Alabama Coastal Foundation
- Park Crossing High School, Montgomery, Ala.
- Spring Hill College
- Published romance novelist
- SHC Emerging Technologies Librarian
Badgers in Grad School
- Georgetown University Law School
- St. Louis University
- George Washington University
- Indiana University
- Louisiana State University
- University of Alabama
- Oklahoma State MFA program
My vocation for the teaching profession began with my love of learning, and I have come to see that nurturing a similar love in my students is a fundamental goal of my work here at Spring Hill College.
— Dr. Catherine Swender
It is ultimately the professors who have made the greatest impact on my personal and intellectual growth. At the end of the day, no literature class could truly thrive without our mentors there to guide us along this path to self-revelation and understanding.
— Katie Nores
Popular Second Majors: Writing, Business
Student Clubs and Honor Societies: Sigma Tau Delta, English Club