Career Development Office
What We Do
Whether you are looking for a summer internship opportunity or getting ready to identify your first paid position after graduation, the Career Development Office at Spring Hill College can help you as you begin your career journey.
Staff members in the Career Development Office provide resources in the areas of advising, networking, recruitment, interviewing and selection for both internship and career placement candidates.
As part of our mission to serve our students on their vocation journeys, we:
- provide individual services such as career advice and assistance with resumes, LinkedIn profiles and other online portfolios systems
- host networking workshops and events
- conduct mock interview sessions to help students gain valuable experiences
- connect Spring Hill College students with alumni and employers throughout the world
- facilitate on-campus recruiting
- host company information sessions for career exploration
- coordinate internships throughout the country
- provide access to career search tools
- connect young Spring Hill College entrepreneurs with community programs, mentors and the local entrepreneurs network
- partner with employers on job placement in the local, regional and national markets
The ROI of SHC
The average salary for Spring Hill College graduates is 28% above the national average.
(Source: U.S. Dept. of Education College Scorecard)
Where our students go for their experiences
Previous students who have engaged with the Career Development Office have participated in a variety of experiences, drawing upon an extensive network with corporate, non-profit and government relationships and partnerships. Local placements include:
- American Red Cross
- Catholic Charities
- Cunningham Bounds, LLC
- Mayor’s Office – City of Mobile
- Mobile Baykeeper
- Mobile Port Authority
- Maynard, Cooper & Gale
- The Exchange Community of Entrepreneurs and Innovators
- WPMI: Local 15 NBC News (Mobile)
Are you ready to find work that you love?
If so, the Career Development Office can help you.