This site, www.shc.edu, is owned and operated by Spring Hill College. Permission is granted to display and navigate around this website solely for personal, non-commercial use. Any commercial or public use of this website or any portion hereof is strictly prohibited.
Except as otherwise permitted, no materials from www.shc.edu or any website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Spring Hill College may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way. The user may download materials displayed on this website for non-commercial, personal use, provided the user also complies with all Spring Hill College, federal, and state intellectual property laws, policies, and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. The user may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, or use the content of this website for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video, without Spring Hill College’s written permission. Spring Hill College does not warrant or represent that the user’s use of materials displayed on this website will not infringe the rights of a third party not owned or affiliated with Spring Hill College. Spring Hill College has no control over the content or privacy practices of linked external third-party websites, and further disclaims any and all liability whatsoever in any information, material, or content of any third-party websites or web pages that may be accessed through or linked to this website. Links to any websites of non-affiliated external parties or third parties do not imply endorsements of any products, services or information presented in these websites by Spring Hill College. Users are hereby notified that by accessing and using this website the user assumes the risk that information and content contained on the Web site may be offensive, inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, and/or may not meet the needs and requirements of the user. None of the material, information or content on this website shall serve as or create a contract between Spring Hill College and any person or entity accessing and using the website.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
A. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any content on this website or Spring Hill College’s computing network, including without limitation, text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like (collectively, “Content”) infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512©(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Spring Hill College’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: Attn: SPH DMCA Infringement Notification; Office of Marketing Communications, 4000 Dauphin St. Mobile, AL 36608; Email: email@example.com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
B. Counter-Notice. Spring Hill College may permit users to submit textual content (“User Content”). If you believe that your User Content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Copyright Agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the Content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the Content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the Content was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the Content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Mobile, Alabama, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Copyright Agent, Spring Hill College may (but has no obligation to) send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed Content or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the Content provider, member or user, the removed Content may in Spring Hill College’s sole discretion be replaced, or access to it restored.
Warranty Disclaimer; Limitation of Liability; Indemnification
SPRING HILL COLLEGE PROVIDES THE WEBSITE, THESE AND OTHER MATERIALS, THE CONTENT, AND ALL OTHER SERVICES AND PROGRAMS “AS-IS” AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DESIGN, ACCURACY, CAPABILITY, SUFFICIENCY, SUITABILITY, CAPACITY, COMPLETENESS OR AVAILABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPRING HILL COLLEGE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM OR RELATING TO (I) YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, (II) ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT OR USER CONTENT, (III) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, OR (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, INDEMNITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPRING HILL COLLEGE IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.