Military and Veterans Benefits
For more than a decade, Spring Hill College has supported the academic achievement of United States active duty military members by offering a Military Tuition Rate of $250 per credit hour.
Starting in the fall of 2019, Spring Hill College has extended its support by offering the same tuition rate of $250 per credit hour for the following individuals who enroll in one of our Graduate programs or in the Business and Professional Studies undergraduate program:
- Spouses of active duty military members (Must document spouse’s current military status by providing proof of current marriage and a copy of spouse’s military orders or enlistment contract.)
- Reservist and Guard Members (Must document current military status by providing a copy of military orders or enlistment contract.)
If you have questions regarding required documentation or submitting of the documentation, please contact email@example.com.
The Department of Education has published a brochure that explains in detail the federal student loan benefits that are available to veterans.
Spring Hill College participates in the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits Programs. Student Financial Services coordinates enrollment verification with the Office of the Registrar and submits the appropriate forms. Current VA programs are as follows:
- Chapters 30, 31, 35, 1606, 1067
- Post-911 GI Bill (Ch. 33)
- The Yellow Ribbon Program
We require that you complete the VA Certification Request Form every semester. You must submit this form and a degree audit to the Department of Financial Aid and Veteran Affairs along with a Certificate of Eligibility (VA Form 22-0557). Once we have received these documents, we will notify the VA regional office of your enrollment.
Request or Transfer VA Benefits
Students applying for benefits for the first time must complete a VA Certification Request Form along with the forms specified above. Students who have received benefits at another institution and who are applying for benefits at Spring Hill College for the first time, must complete a VA Change of Program/Place of Training Form. This form can be found at the Veterans Online Application.
You can also visit the government e-benefits page for more information
The following enrollment requirements apply to students seeking VA benefits:
- The courses taken must meet degree requirements.
- For full-time funding, undergraduate students must be enrolled for at least 12 credit hours per semester; graduate students must be enrolled for at least 9 credit hours per semester. The summer session pay rate is determined by the combination of credit hours and length of classes.
- If you decide to change your course load after your enrollment has been certified, you must notify the Office of Financial Aid immediately as the amount of your benefits may be affected.
- All recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress
- You must declare a major by the time you have earned 60 credit hours.
- If you plan to attend another college or university during the summer and use VA benefits, you must first receive approval from Student Financial Services.
- All prior school and military official transcripts must be reviewed by the Registrar for transfer credit. All official transcripts must be received and evaluated by the end of the student’s second semester. Your military joint transcript can be ordered for free on their website at https://jst.doded.mil/smart/welcome.do
Schedule your campus visits and meet with your Admission’s counselor today. Phone (251) 380-3030, (800) 742-6704, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.